Feeling up Toronto, one limb at a time.


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You Should Probably Avoid This

The other night I was channel surfing and stumbled on CNN, aka, What You Should Fear Today. If this isn't the biggest waste of time in our Solar System, then I'm not sure what is. I would rather plant gardenias than watch this; and boy, do I hate flowers.

I won't lie; I did briefly sit there with a smirk on my face while I read the ticker at the bottom, and of course it was all negative; US invades IRAQ, Teen Girl Missing, Terrorists Plan to Attack Again, and blah blah blah. Wouldn't it be beneficial to put jokes or even some motivational quotes that will inspire you, instead of bad news and negativity? I'll give you a hint why they don't; Fear = Control = Money = Beach House.

Everything on CNN is based around fear. To keep you afraid of the enemy, but who's the real enemy? Do you really believe Afghanistan has weapons of mass destruction? I believe it's all a facade. They need to keep you in fear so they can give you some BS excuse to invade other countries for resources and raise your taxes. Were you aware that not a single red cent of your tax money is put towards where you would think it goes. It's put towards the countries debt. What's sad is that all the media has to do say the word Terrorist and the majority of people will gladly open their wallets; especially now after 9-eleven. And if you still think Terrorists are responsible for the 9-eleven attacks, you need to give your head a shake and begin your own research. I would recommend this as your starting point.

I don't personally watch television, but when I do it's either sports or something educational like Jersey Shore The Discovery Channel or Space. I think the best thing you could do for yourself is avoid channels like CNN. When it comes down to it, all news channels are all the same. They tell you what's wrong with the world today. Do yourself a favour and avoid as much negativity as you can, including news papers and news radio. You may think it's no big deal if you're exposed to it, but you would be surprised how it affects your subconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment